- Support the Pathways Restoration
- Gold at London in Bloom
- Support the Gardens
- Famous Cedars of Lebanon
- Crowdfunding Update and News
News Archive 2016
- Christmas Wreaths Sale
- New Café Summer Menu
- Kitchen Garden Produce Sales
- BBC Gardeners' Question Time
- Memories of The Beatles
- 50 Years Since The Beatles Filmed at Chiswick House Gardens
- Conservation of the Cedars of Lebanon
- Private Events in the Conservatory
- Did You See The Beatles?
- Easter Weekend Opening
- Chiswick Camellias Win Gold!
- New Plaque Honours Members of the International Camellia Society
- Camellia Show Open
- Magical Lantern Festival Open
- Camellia Show Countdown Begins
- Magical Lantern Festival Installation
- Celebrate! April 2016 Venue Hire Offer
- Sculpture Shock Prints
- Launch of Winter Events
- Winter Opening Times
- News Archive 2015
- News Archive 2014
- News Archive 2013
- News Archive 2012
- News Archive 2011
- News Archive 2010
- News Archive 2009
- News Archive 2008
- News Archive 2007
- News Archive 2006
Magical Lantern Festival Installation
The Magical Lantern Festival, London’s first Chinese Lantern Festival, will come to Chiswick House & Gardens this February, to celebrate the Chinese New Year 2016, the Year of the Monkey.
The festival will feature more than 50 giant, hand-sculpted lanterns, which will be discovered by guests through corridors of light on the picturesque garden trail.
The festival team have arrived onsite this week and will be installing the lanterns within the Gardens up until the opening on Wednesday 3 February 2016. There will be some disruption in the Gardens during this period and we may have to close some pathways, this would only be at times where it would be dangerous for the public to walk through.
The festival will be open between Wednesday 3 February and Sunday 6 March 2016 (closed Tuesday 23rd Feb & Monday 29th Feb).
Throughout the festival’s installation, live events and de-rig (Friday 11 March 2016), the Gardens will remain open daily from 7am until 4.30pm.
For more information about the Magical Lantern Festival and tickets, please see their website (link on right).
This page can be found in the following news feeds