- Chiswick House Estate reunited for the first time in 70 years
- Crack open Chiswick House this Easter
- Support the Pathways Restoration
- Gold at London in Bloom
- Support the Gardens
- Famous Cedars of Lebanon
- Crowdfunding Update and News
- News Archive 2016
- News Archive 2015
- News Archive 2014
- News Archive 2013
- News Archive 2012
- News Archive 2011
News Archive 2010
- Restoration of Chiswick House Gardens
- Temporary Closure on 19 December
- Chiswick Announces New Camellia Festival
- New Education Officer Joins Trust Team
- Pumpkin Party Proves a Winner
- Furniture Returns Home to Chiswick
- Book a Festive Lunch at the Café
- Chiswick House Gardens Shortlisted for Prestigious Landscape Award
- Record Day at Chiswick House Dog Show 2010
- Chiswick Past Inspires Winning Stories
- Garden Volunteers Welcome
- Private Dinner Offer
- Calling all Budding Playwrights!
- Community Gardener Appointed
- Official Launch Party for Restored Gardens
- Restoration Unveiled
- CHGT Volunteers Receive Awards
- Do You Remember?
- Information for Residents
- A Cracking-Good Time at Easter
- Big Lottery Local Food Award
- Camellias at Chiswick
- Conservatory Preview Tours
- Chiswick Café Now Open
- Pupils Explore Wilderness
- News Archive 2009
- News Archive 2008
- News Archive 2007
- News Archive 2006
Chiswick House Gardens Shortlisted for Prestigious Landscape Award
Chiswick House Gardens has been shortlisted for a prestigious Landscape Institute award in recognition of the recent historic garden restoration
UPDATE NOVEMBER 2010: Chiswick House Gardens won Highly Commended. The judges comment – 'The Chiswick project is an exemplar of best practice in action'.
Chiswick House Gardens has been shortlisted for a prestigious Landscape Institute award in recognition of the recent historic garden restoration. The URS Scott Wilson consultancy, who led the landscape design element of the project entered Chiswick for the award which is presented to encourage and recognise outstanding examples of work by the landscape profession.
The landscape restoration at Chiswick has transformed these internationally famous gardens and well loved public park. Since the completion of the project this summer visitors have flocked to admire the picturesque grandeur of the Gardens, their buildings and statuary whilst local people have renewed their acquaintance with a familiar environment beautifully transformed.
The Landscape Institute Awards aim to promote the art and science of landscape architecture, advance knowledge and understanding of the discipline; celebrate professional expertise and reward schemes that demonstrate a high level of commitment to sustainability. Chiswick House Gardens has been shortlisted for the Heritage and Conservation category. The Awards Ceremony will be hosted by the poet, journalist and broadcaster Ian McMillan. Ian is the poet-in-residence for the Academy of Urbanism as well as the host of 'The Verb' on BBC Radio Three. The final results will be announced in November.
URS Scott Wilson has particular expertise in the regeneration of public parks, developed over a period of over 30 years and including sites designed by most recognised British landscape designers. In recent years the company has undertaken over 80 park projects funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and has become one of the country's foremost consultancies in this field.
This page can be found in the following news feeds