- Chiswick House Estate reunited for the first time in 70 years
- Crack open Chiswick House this Easter
- Support the Pathways Restoration
- Gold at London in Bloom
- Support the Gardens
- Famous Cedars of Lebanon
- Crowdfunding Update and News
- News Archive 2016
- News Archive 2015
- News Archive 2014
- News Archive 2013
- News Archive 2012
- News Archive 2011
News Archive 2010
- Restoration of Chiswick House Gardens
- Temporary Closure on 19 December
- Chiswick Announces New Camellia Festival
- New Education Officer Joins Trust Team
- Pumpkin Party Proves a Winner
- Furniture Returns Home to Chiswick
- Book a Festive Lunch at the Café
- Chiswick House Gardens Shortlisted for Prestigious Landscape Award
- Record Day at Chiswick House Dog Show 2010
- Chiswick Past Inspires Winning Stories
- Garden Volunteers Welcome
- Private Dinner Offer
- Calling all Budding Playwrights!
- Community Gardener Appointed
- Official Launch Party for Restored Gardens
- Restoration Unveiled
- CHGT Volunteers Receive Awards
- Do You Remember?
- Information for Residents
- A Cracking-Good Time at Easter
- Big Lottery Local Food Award
- Camellias at Chiswick
- Conservatory Preview Tours
- Chiswick Café Now Open
- Pupils Explore Wilderness
- News Archive 2009
- News Archive 2008
- News Archive 2007
- News Archive 2006
Official Launch Party for Restored Gardens
CHGT and English Heritage hosted a garden party to thank those involved in the restoration of the gardens and to celebrate their opening.
Rupert Hambro, Chairman of Chiswick House and Gardens Trust and Baroness Kay Andrews Chair of English Heritage hosted a garden party on 17th June 2010 to thank many of those involved in the restoration of the gardens and to celebrate their opening.
Speeches were given by Rupert Hambro, Baroness Andrews, Councillor Jagdish Sharma Leader of London Borough of Hounslow who own the gardens and Dame Jenny Abramsky Chair of Heritage Lottery Fund, which made a major grant award of £7.9million towards the £12.1 million project. Guests then toured the gardens including the newly re-opened Conservatory and Italian Garden.
Guests included Cllr Colin Ellar, Mayor of London Borough of Hounslow, benefactors, designers and contractors who worked on the restoration, officers of the Council, English Heritage commissioners and staff, volunteer representatives, special advisors and others who have been closely involved with this ambitious programme of landscape and building conservation works.
This page can be found in the following news feeds