- Chiswick House Estate reunited for the first time in 70 years
- Crack open Chiswick House this Easter
- Support the Pathways Restoration
- Gold at London in Bloom
- Support the Gardens
- Famous Cedars of Lebanon
- Crowdfunding Update and News
- News Archive 2016
- News Archive 2015
- News Archive 2014
- News Archive 2013
- News Archive 2012
- News Archive 2011
News Archive 2010
- Restoration of Chiswick House Gardens
- Temporary Closure on 19 December
- Chiswick Announces New Camellia Festival
- New Education Officer Joins Trust Team
- Pumpkin Party Proves a Winner
- Furniture Returns Home to Chiswick
- Book a Festive Lunch at the Café
- Chiswick House Gardens Shortlisted for Prestigious Landscape Award
- Record Day at Chiswick House Dog Show 2010
- Chiswick Past Inspires Winning Stories
- Garden Volunteers Welcome
- Private Dinner Offer
- Calling all Budding Playwrights!
- Community Gardener Appointed
- Official Launch Party for Restored Gardens
- Restoration Unveiled
- CHGT Volunteers Receive Awards
- Do You Remember?
- Information for Residents
- A Cracking-Good Time at Easter
- Big Lottery Local Food Award
- Camellias at Chiswick
- Conservatory Preview Tours
- Chiswick Café Now Open
- Pupils Explore Wilderness
- News Archive 2009
- News Archive 2008
- News Archive 2007
- News Archive 2006
Do You Remember?
A fascinating project to capture people's memories of Chiswick House and GardensChiswick House and Gardens Trust Oral History Volunteers have begun a fascinating project to capture people’s memories of Chiswick House and Gardens.
What do you remember about Chiswick House and Gardens forty, fifty or even sixty years ago? Did you play in the Gardens as a child? Do you remember special events or people you met there? Do you recall the 18th Century wings on the House being demolished? If so, would you be happy to talk about your recollections and let us record them?
Chiswick House and Gardens Trust is building up an archive of documents, recordings and photographs covering the entire history of Chiswick House and Gardens. This project has been ongoing for the last four years, funded by the Friends of Chiswick House. Now thanks to the Friends we have been able to purchase recording equipment to expand the archive.
One of the periods for which there is very little information is from 1930 to 1970. To fill this gap we would like to interview people who remember the estate during that time and who would be prepared to share their memories, and possibly their photographs. The recordings of the interviews will be stored in the archive, and extracts may be used from time to time for exhibitions or publications.
If you would like to take part (or would like to know more) please contact Chiswick House and Gardens Estate Office via the email form below or by telephone:
020 8742 3905.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact the Estate Offices about the Archive
This page can be found in the following news feeds