- Support the Pathways Restoration
- Gold at London in Bloom
- Support the Gardens
- Famous Cedars of Lebanon
- Crowdfunding Update and News
- News Archive 2016
- News Archive 2015
- News Archive 2014
- News Archive 2013
- News Archive 2012
- News Archive 2011
News Archive 2010
- Restoration of Chiswick House Gardens
- Temporary Closure on 19 December
- Chiswick Announces New Camellia Festival
- New Education Officer Joins Trust Team
- Pumpkin Party Proves a Winner
- Furniture Returns Home to Chiswick
- Book a Festive Lunch at the Café
- Chiswick House Gardens Shortlisted for Prestigious Landscape Award
- Record Day at Chiswick House Dog Show 2010
- Chiswick Past Inspires Winning Stories
- Garden Volunteers Welcome
- Private Dinner Offer
- Calling all Budding Playwrights!
- Community Gardener Appointed
- Official Launch Party for Restored Gardens
- Restoration Unveiled
- CHGT Volunteers Receive Awards
- Do You Remember?
- Information for Residents
- A Cracking-Good Time at Easter
- Big Lottery Local Food Award
- Camellias at Chiswick
- Conservatory Preview Tours
- Chiswick Café Now Open
- Pupils Explore Wilderness
- News Archive 2009
- News Archive 2008
- News Archive 2007
- News Archive 2006
Chiswick Café Now Open
The new café is now up and running, serving delicious sandwiches, soups and the best of modern British cooking.
Chiswick House Café is now open for business and is already proving a popular attraction.
The café opened at the beginning of February serving delicious sandwiches, soups and the best of modern British cooking to local residents and visitors. It is the latest element in the restoration and transformation of one of the most important landscapes in Britain.
The café is open daily from 9am until 6pm (summer), and until 4pm (winter). It will only close on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Designed by award-winning architects Caruso St John, the contemporary space looks out on the magnificent gardens and neo-Palladian villa. Seating 60 indoors, with space for a further 80 outdoors, the Café offers a wide selection of refreshments throughout the day, as well as catering for private functions in the evening.
While the service at the Chiswick House Café is self-service, there is a strong team of staff, led by general manager Jenny Shaw, who has been working with Company of Cooks for the past 13 years at Kenwood House, Hampstead.
This page can be found in the following news feeds