- Famous Cedars of Lebanon
- Crowdfunding Update and News
- New Café Summer Menu
- Kitchen Garden Produce Sales
- BBC Gardeners' Question Time
- Memories of The Beatles
- 50 Years Since The Beatles Filmed at Chiswick House Gardens
- Conservation of the Cedars of Lebanon
- Private Events in the Conservatory
- Did You See The Beatles?
- Chiswick Camellias Win Gold!
- New Plaque Honours Members of the International Camellia Society
- Celebrate! April 2016 Venue Hire Offer
- Sculpture Shock Prints
- News Archive 2016
- News Archive 2015
- News Archive 2014
- News Archive 2013
- News Archive 2012
- News Archive 2011
- News Archive 2010
News Archive 2009
- Chiswick Café News
- Job Opportunities
- Christmas Card Competition
- Italian Garden Restoration
- Volunteers Needed
- Project Update
- Archaeology Reveals Orangery
- 2009 Dog Show Winners
- Vote for Chiswick House
- Kitchen Garden Mural
- Venus Has Landed
- Burlington Lane Gate Closure
- Trustee elected Mayor
- New Education & Outreach Officer
- Gardens Re-opening Timetable
- 'The Duchess' comes to Chiswick
- House Festival
- Access to Chiswick House and Gardens
- Education and Outreach Officer Advert
- Education and Outreach Officer - Job Description
- Country Life Article About Chiswick
- Police Issue Warning
- Access in and around Chiswick House and Gardens
- News Archive 2008
- News Archive 2007
- News Archive 2006
Volunteers Needed for Chiswick House and Gardens
Chiswick House and Gardens Trust is recruiting volunteers across all areas of this historic site.
Volunteers play an important part at Chiswick House and Gardens whether as Tour Guides bringing the villa to life, Goosefoot Volunteers taming neglected areas of the gardens or Kitchen Gardeners providing a wonderful community resource in the walled garden.
The Chiswick House and Gardens Trust will take on the overall management of this unique site in April 2010. We are looking to expand the volunteer teams to include Garden Guides, Conservatory Stewards, Volunteer Wardens, Education Activity Supporters and Events Volunteers.
Sarah Finch-Crisp, Director Chiswick House and Gardens Trust says:
'We would be delighted to hear from anyone in the local community who is interested in becoming part of the volunteer service at Chiswick House and Gardens. Not only do volunteers play a vital role in looking after this wonderful site and making it enjoyable for all our visitors, they can also have great fun!'
The completion of a £12m garden restoration project, including the opening of Chiswick’s magnificent conservatory in Spring next year, will lead to a surge of interest in what is regarded as ‘the birth place of the English Landscape Garden’.
There will be opportunities for people to get involved with growing produce, tending the fruit trees and flowers, protecting wildlife, talking to visiting groups about the fascinating stories behind this extraordinary site, as well as helping with an exciting events and schools programme.
Volunteering requires varying levels of commitment but whether it’s a weekly routine or more occasional events, it can be very rewarding. Sarah Finch-Crisp says:
'We need people to start signing up now in order to be ready for Spring next year when Chiswick House Gardens re-emerges after 2 years of restoration works as one of this country’s ‘must see’ gardens, as well as a dearly loved local park.'
Volunteer Recruitment Event
To find out more about the Volunteer Service and to meet the staff involved there will be a Volunteer Event at Chiswick House, 3.30pm 30th October. Booking is essential. To register your interest in volunteering and/or book a place, please use the link below.
This page can be found in the following news feeds