- Italian Garden (1814 – 2014)
- Summer BBQs
- Seeking Volunteers
- 2 for 1 Entry to William Kent Exhibition at Victoria and Albert Museum
- Artists Support Festival
- Camellia Festival Opening
- Lady of the Camellias Visits Festival
- Londonist Out Loud Podcast
- Volunteer Wardens Win 'Outstanding Heroes'
- Chiswick Camellias are a National Treasure
- Volunteer Handyman Required
- New Director Appointed
- News Archive 2013
- News Archive 2012
- News Archive 2011
- News Archive 2010
News Archive 2009
- Chiswick Café News
- Job Opportunities
- Christmas Card Competition
- Italian Garden Restoration
- Volunteers Needed
- Project Update
- Archaeology Reveals Orangery
- 2009 Dog Show Winners
- Vote for Chiswick House
- Kitchen Garden Mural
- Venus Has Landed
- Burlington Lane Gate Closure
- Trustee elected Mayor
- New Education & Outreach Officer
- Gardens Re-opening Timetable
- 'The Duchess' comes to Chiswick
- House Festival
- Access to Chiswick House and Gardens
- Education and Outreach Officer Advert
- Education and Outreach Officer - Job Description
- Country Life Article About Chiswick
- Police Issue Warning
- Access in and around Chiswick House and Gardens
- News Archive 2008
- News Archive 2007
- News Archive 2006
New Education and Outreach Officer Appointed
August 2009 - New Education and Outreach Officer starts work to develop activities for children and families at Chiswick House and Gardens.
Chiswick House and Gardens reaches out to schools.
Chiswick House and Gardens Trust have appointed Simrit Mann as Education and Outreach Officer, to develop an exciting new schools service for this prestigious site, devising activities which inspire and interest local children and their families.
Simrit comes with a wealth of local experience as a Community Outreach Teacher in Hounslow and has lead a wide range of projects involving children and their families in local heritage and the natural environment.
Sarah Finch-Crisp, Director of Chiswick House and Gardens Trust says, 'we are delighted that Simrit is joining the Trust team; her considerable experience and local knowledge will be invaluable. Chiswick House and the surrounding gardens is an amazing resource for a wide variety of hands on activities supporting school curriculum studies and we are looking forward to developing a busy and popular service. Many local children have enjoyed the sessions provided by the immensely creative Kitchen Garden Charity in Chiswick’s walled garden and it is very exciting to be in a position to extend education opportunities to cover all aspects of the house and gardens.'
Simrit Man says: 'Chiswick House and Gardens is a treasure trove of amazing history and wildlife interest and I am looking forward to devising new and creative ways of opening up this wonderful site to children and families. I am passionate about communities engaging with local heritage and encouraging people to recognise their own contribution to the ongoing process of receiving and passing on our heritage stories.'
Alan Howson, Head Teacher at Chiswick Community School says 'I was pleased to be part of the panel to appoint Simrit and have real confidence in her ability to develop new ideas and exciting programmes. Her role in working with local schools is critical to ensuring young people understand and benefit from the heritage on their doorstep as well as learning about environmental considerations.'
Simrit’s post has been generously funded by the Ernest Cook Trust, The Friends of Chiswick House and The Heritage Lottery Fund.
This page can be found in the following news feeds